Expand my Community achievements bar.

CustomAction Type in AEM Core Form Container Component

Level 2

Is there a way to add custom Action Type in new AEM Core Form Container Component? We get 4 action types OOTB.  I need to add my custom servlet path in

Action Type.

1667348_pastedImage_0.png

Form Container Github Link : aem-core-wcm-components/content/src/content/jcr_root/apps/core/wcm/components/form/container/v2/cont...

7 Replies

Level 10

Have you tried creating a standard form action for this?

Level 10

As Scott mentioned, provide action in your html code. It would work

Check the Container model for reference -

aem-core-wcm-components/Container.java at master · adobe/aem-core-wcm-components · GitHub

Level 10

Another option you have is to use Form components under general where you can define a custom action as discussed here --

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom action for an Adobe Experience Manager Form compon...

THis works fine on 6.4 -- just tested!

Level 2

Did the solution worked for you?
For adding custom action type in the node, you would need to add cq:dialog to the action resource. Create as given here Developing Forms (Classic UI) .
I made the custom action, but I am not getting the data in post.POST.jsp on submit.

Level 2

Check this /libs/commerce/components/actions/submitorder. You  need create sling:folder similar to that.

Level 3

Hi @rahuld77778584 Did you able to achieve the above requirement with core components ? it would be great if you can share the workaround that you have used.