Expand my Community achievements bar.

custom multifield widget with dropdown

Level 4

Hi there , 

I'm trying to achieve a requirement where in a dialog , when the author selects a node using  path field , I need to pre populate drop down with the selected node properties . The drop down should be attached to a text field where author can type in some random text .

I have managed to create a custom multifield widget which would render a drop down and a text field .I'm stuck at trying to get the selected path from a field in my custommultifield js   . Can i get any pointers on this ? My idea is if I can get the path of the selected node in my custom js , in my custommultifield js , I  can build a store by passing it to my custom servlet and populate it . 

Another approach i tried was to add a 'dialogclose' listener to pathfield . In the listener I was trying to call a function to populate drop down with selected path . In this approach , i was able to get the selected path , but couldn't figure out how to update drop down widget with the values  ?  

Any pointers for helping me out on this is greatly appreciated .

thanks 

1 Reply

Employee

I'm not sure this article answers your question directly, but it might help in your approach: http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-multifield-components.html