Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom file datastore configuration in AEM 6.2 is not working

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure the custom file datastore to manage all the digital assets in AEM 6.2. I have configured the following files with corresponding entries

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.FileDataStore.cfg
  minRecordLength=I"4096"
  path=/Users/pharid
  cacheSizeInMB=128

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentNodeStoreService.cfg
  customBlobStore=B"true"

but it throws the exception Attempt to read external blob with blobId [a9ab4c47268547c9a756f172a26a5e24222cf2f2#102165] without specifying BlobStore in error.log

Please help me with what i am doing wrong?

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi Prabu,

If you make any mistake at first time installation then subsequent changes might not pick up causes the issue. File an official support case asking for file installer fix to correct the corrupted ser file will help.

Thanks,

Level 1

Hi,

I worked on it further and got it resolved in my local machine. Here are the settings

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.FileDataStore.cfg
minRecordLength=4096
path=/Users/pharid

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.SegmentNodeStoreService.cfg
customBlobStore=true

There is not much change to what I've done earlier but the change is not taking effect if I dont get this setting the first time. I had to delete my local repo to get it to working. Like you mentioned it could be an installer issue, will try to raise a support ticket. 

Btw, do you know the pros and cons of having the filestore in a SAN vs S3?

Level 9

SAN will be expensive but deponds on your business requirement & growth plan.  Start an new thread with your requirements & will try to share the experience.