Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Authentication now working in migrated instance.

Level 2

Hi All,

We are migrating from CQ 5.6 to AEM 6.2 and in this process we had to upgrade our publish External login module which was
   developed over CRXLoginModule, TokenBasedAuthentication, Jaas Config file and a custom class to sync the profiles. 
    Now we have developed custom Authentication Handler which handles the credentials and retuns AuthenticationInfo.
   Developed Custom Identity Provider which talks to external App server over REST API and receives the xml response.
   We have configured External Login Module and Sync Handler. When we tested this on fresh install of publish instance using
   geometrix site it was working fine. Users are getting authentication by external system, groups received in the xml response
   are getting synched.
     But when we deployed there 2 osgi bundles (Custom Authentication Handler and REST Identity Provider) in our migrated instance,
   configured External login module and sync handler it is behaving differently. From the login form, control is being sent to
   extractCredentials method of Custom Authentication Handler and immediately  going to authenticationSucceeded method.
   It is not calling the login method of EXternal Login Module and hence request is not going to Custom Identify Provider.
   What could be the reson for not calling External Login module. I'm using default "jackrabbit.oak" as realm name and 
   could see below login modules:

Registered LoginModules
Realm    Rank    Control Flag    Type    Classname
jackrabbit.oak    
    2000    SUFFICIENT    Service    com.adobe.cq.screens.sessions.impl.auth.ScreensLoginModuleFactory(3065)
    1000    SUFFICIENT    Service    com.adobe.cq.dam.s7imaging.impl.auth.MemoryTokenServiceImpl(3990)
    300    OPTIONAL    Configuration    org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authentication.GuestLoginModule(Details)
    200    SUFFICIENT    Configuration    org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authentication.token.TokenLoginModule(Details)
    100    SUFFICIENT    Configuration    org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authentication.user.LoginModuleImpl(Details)
    50    REQUIRED    Service    org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authentication.external.impl.ExternalLoginModuleFactory(4831)

Do i need to create custom External Login Module? or can i use the OOB External Login module. In the migrated instance CUG is enabled
   and not sure what additional settings/configurations are required in the migrated instance to force authentication handler to pass
    the authenticationInfo object to External Login module and this will call the integrated Custom Identity Provider.

Thanks & Regards

Suresh

0 Replies