Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Action Type AEM Form Core Component

Level 2

Hi

Using AEM 6.3 , I am trying to add a custom action type in AEM Form Core Component. It had only 4 dropdown items. I successfully added the custom action in the container dropdown.

For the post action, I followed the steps given in this post.https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/form_component_customaction.html

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom action for an Adobe Experience Manager Form compon...

But I am not getting the data in backend on submit.

5 Replies

Level 10

Is it not submitting to post.POST.jsp?

Level 10

Also - just so you know - the article that you referenced was for AEM Form that you create by using AEM Foundation components. If the form core component does not meet your needs - look at using the foundation form components.

Level 2

It is submitting to post.POST.jsp , but could not get the backend service to work.

Level 4

Hi Shalini,

I have similar requirement to have a custom action type to submit to servlet. I haven't got any possible solution. Did you get any solution? @Shalini_Gupta 

Level 5

Hi Shalini_Gupta  & tahir1601 ,

Have similar use-case to add custom action type in drop-down and to submit the form with inputs to other service calls. Haven't got any possible approach. Did you got any solution?