Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cron jobs for Users on Publisher

Level 2

We are currently looking into using User Synchronization instead of Reverse Replication.

Currently we use Cron jobs on Author to email users and do other periodic management (like deactivating inactive users).

How should we do such Cron jobs with USer Synchronization where external users are only present on Publishers?

• If we have to run Cron jobs on Publishers our authors will need extra access to monitor these (as well as appointing a master Publisher)
  • Alternatively, can you use the tunnel service to perform management in Cron jobs? Also for non-community users?
4 Replies

Level 10

When you say "Cron jobs on Author" are you referring to a scheduler service on Author and you are using cron expressions to fire the scheduler service?

Level 2

Yes - sorry if my question was a bit unclear.

We are running a scheduler service on Author and are not sure how to handle jobs that perform management on external users (members) if these are only stored on Publishers.

Level 10

Typically user are on both Auth and Pub - especially if you are running services - like the Scheduler service that needs them.

Level 2

But as far as I understand all the documentation on AEM 6.3 (and especially Communities) you recommend User Synchronization for external users (members) in which case they are stored only on Publishers.

Have I misunderstand the concept of the new User Sync feature?