Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating my 1st website using the tutorial available

Level 5

hi all,

I've performed a fresh installation of AEM 6.1 and started following this tutorial:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/develop/the-basics/website.html

When I finished the 1st step of "creating your website page and content pages" (step 13), it says I can double click in my recently created page and it will open in edit mode. But not happens.
When I check the error.log, I see this: org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

When I went back to the contentpage component, I see something different from others structures. 

[img]Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 5.32.19 PM.png[/img]
And now it's working.

So here's come the question: is the tutorial above wrong or have I missed something?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Overall your Document & your steps both are correct. Missing piece is the order of steps. That is Step1b of "Using the Foundation Page Scripts" should move under "Creating the Contentpage Component".  Please file support request to track & update the docs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Overall your Document & your steps both are correct. Missing piece is the order of steps. That is Step1b of "Using the Foundation Page Scripts" should move under "Creating the Contentpage Component".  Please file support request to track & update the docs.