Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Created Collection is not visible on UI

Former Community Member

Hi Experts,

We are creating the collection by using Create button on Collection page, but after creating it is not visible on page. Are there any setting/configuration for this ?

http://localhost:4502/mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/collections.html/content/dam/collections

Thanks

~S

20 Replies

Level 10

Did you enabled "Public Collection" checkbox while creating it? It could possibly be a private collection vs public collection behavior.

Former Community Member

No Scott. No any error and also the node is also creating at correct place. But only problem is it is not visible on UI.

After creation of collection below log is appearing and no error in to it.

31.03.2019 21:40:39.264 *INFO* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1554082839258] POST /content/dam/collections.collection.html HTTP/1.1] com.nateyolles.aem.osgiannotationdemo.core.filters.SampleFelixFilter Felix Filter: request for /content/dam/collections

31.03.2019 21:40:39.344 *INFO* [EventAdminThread #17] com.nateyolles.aem.osgiannotationdemo.core.listeners.SampleFelixResourceListener Felix EventHander: org/apache/sling/api/resource/Resource/ADDED at: /content/dam/collections/public/I/I-JK1dUFCLOYE2B0s4XO/new

31.03.2019 21:40:39.346 *INFO* [EventAdminThread #2] com.nateyolles.aem.osgiannotationdemo.core.listeners.SampleFelixResourceListener Felix EventHander: org/apache/sling/api/resource/Resource/ADDED at: /content/dam/collections/public/I/I-JK1dUFCLOYE2B0s4XO/new/sling:members

31.03.2019 21:40:39.348 *INFO* [EventAdminThread #4] com.nateyolles.aem.osgiannotationdemo.core.listeners.SampleFelixResourceListener Felix EventHander: org/apache/sling/api/resource/Resource/CHANGED at: /content/dam/collections/public/I/I-JK1dUFCLOYE2B0s4XO/new

31.03.2019 21:40:45.065 *INFO* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1554082845063] GET /content/dam/collections/I/I-JK1dUFCLOYE2B0s4XO/lightbox.folderthumbnail.jpg HTTP/1.1] com.nateyolles.aem.osgiannotationdemo.core.filters.SampleFelixFilter Felix Filter: request for /content/dam/collections/I/I-JK1dUFCLOYE2B0s4XO/lightbox

On below UI it is not appearing only 4 is appearing.

1722772_pastedImage_1.png

Are there are any configuration that we are missing?

Thanks

~S

Level 10

Does this behavior happen with admin credentials?

Could you investigate the XHR call to see your collection is getting picked up or not? Is your collection getting created at same location as other available collections?

Former Community Member

Yes Gaurav, It is creating the node as :

1723352_pastedImage_0.png

But there is deprecated XHR as :

1723353_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

~S

Level 10

I understand that the node is created at same place but you didnt check the "XHR" call under "Network" tab to rule out any kind of ACL issues with your logged-in user.

check if your newly created node is returned in the list of items for that request or not?

Former Community Member

Yes Gaurav.

1725298_pastedImage_0.png

here is the content of currentuserjson:

{"type":"user","authorizableId_xss":"admin","authorizableId":"admin","name_xss":"Administrator","name":"Administrator","home":"/home/users/I/I-JK1dUFCLOYE2B0s4XO","isImpersonated":false}

Thanks

~S

Former Community Member

No, I am not seeing even these 3 tiles and file in any json file listed in XHR.

Thanks

~S

Level 10

So you are following the docs and not getting the same result. Sounds like there is a bug here. I recommend checking with Customer Care to see if you require a hotfix.

Level 1

Hi Sameer, please let me know the resoluton, facing same issue.

thanks

Rahul

Level 1

I am facing the same issue... have this been resolved?

Level 2

Hi Sameer,

I am also facing the same issue, please help me if you found any solution.

Thanks in advance.

Level 1

Hi,

I am facing the exact same issue on AEM 6.5.3, but the point is with the same process I am able to create the collection in my local and dev instance and it shows, but for stage the collection is not coming up in the UI. Any resolution? Is any sort of indexing is required?

Level 1

Hi All,

I contacted Adobe for this resolution and the following suggestion might help resolve the issue as it worked for my instance.

Check Lucene Indexing, whether it has been correctly configured under the right node. Also reindex it by setting it to true.

for me this was corrupted:

[/oak:index/ntBaseLucene

re-indexing it fixed the issue.

Hope it helps

Level 1

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue, please help me if you found any solution. @shriya101 i was tried "/oak:index/ntBaseLucene" reindexing but not working.

Employee Advisor

@Deleted Account Did you find any solution to this so far ? I am facing the same issue on my instances(6.5.6.0) with custom code deployed.
However, I created a vanilla instance(6.5.0) and tested the functionality and it was working fine in the vanilla instance.

I removed all the overlays as well from my instances having problem but it still persists.

Let me know if you have any leads on this. TIA.

Employee Advisor

Checked on 6.5.9.0 vanilla instance as well, still works fine. 

Tried  re-indexing of "/oak:index/ntBaseLucene" on instance having problem, doesn't fix the issue.