Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Create the custom listener in aem 6.3

Level 1

In Aem 6.3 if we are dropping the component then until we manually  refresh the page the component is not seen in parsys. So I want to write the custom listener which helps me like when I drag and drop the component its editconfig part appears I don't need to refresh the page.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Swatik,

Are you seeing this in Touch UI or Classic UI ? Because as far as I have seen I don't have an issue with the Touch UI. Since you have mentioned editconfig ; i believe you might be trying classic UI

Level 1

Hi Veena,

Actually I am talking about AEM6.3 so it is in touch Ui. In a component if I create cq:listener and cq:htmlTag then When I drop that component on a page I didn't see that component until I refresh the page.

In short my cq:listener stops working when I add cq:htmlTag in AEM 6.3.

So I am asking how to create the custom listener for the component so that when I drag and drop these component on the page, I am able to see the component WITHOUT refreshing the page.

Community Advisor

Okay. we may not be able to blindly say that if you are not seeing any errors in the logs, because Touch UI loads the components immediately on dropping the component.

Will it be possible to share a sample component to replicate this issue ?

And ya classic UI is still supported in 6.3 too

Community Advisor

Tested this in Touch UI and it is working for me .. 2017-10-10_2311

If you are looking for a page refresh for classic UI please refer this How to refresh a page when a component is modified

Thanks

Veena

Level 1

Please share your email id I will share you the code.

Community Advisor

I cannot access it in office so may be if you can share it in google drive and provide link here

Former Community Member

Hi Swati,

I think you are trying to write the cq:editConfig for parsys component which is available OOTB.

It is not recommended though.

Can you please check if you have latest service packs installed?

As far as i know, it works fine when you use AEM6.3.