Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create launch doesn't copy all parent properties.

Level 1

Currently we have a multisite setup where each site has a root node containing configuration (f.e. site language).
Each component can fetch this configuration from his site root using a HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap.

Now, when we are creating a new launch the page and components are copied to a different location.
This launch apparently doesn't copy any of the site configuration properties hence we lose the 'context' for the components.

Clarifying example:

Starting situation
/content/www-website-com/en site root contains a property siteLanguage:ENGLISH
/content/www-website-com/en/legal page contains a component that fetches the language using HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap and displays the ENGLISH text.

Now we create a new launch for the legal page
/content/launches/.../content/www-website-com/en new launch site root DOESN'T contain the siteLanguage:ENGLISH property.
/content/launches/.../content/www-website-com/en/legal contains a component that can't find the language using HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap and doens't display the text.

Any ideas how we should tackle this problem?

8 Replies

Level 10

WHat version of AEM are you using? 

Level 1
Product : Adobe Experience Manager (6.1.0.20150507)

Level 1

Yes, I'm using that class ( com.day.cq.commons.inherit.HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap )

Level 10

I am checking internally - I have never seen this issue before. 

Level 10

Hi Ben,

Can you manually set the property siteLanguage:ENGLISH at /content/launches/.../content/www-website-com/en and see it works. If so then not an issue with HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap instead launches filter ignoring it. 

Thanks,

Sham

Level 1

Hi Sham,

If I manually add the property siteLanguage:ENGLISH at /content/launches/.../content/www-website-com/en, the HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap can pick it up.

Ben