Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Create a tag while typing

Level 6

In AEM 6.3 SP2, using structured content fragment model.

One question, how to implement the tag so the author can type any text and it dynamically creates the tag. Similar one as you implemented in this forum?

Any help, please.

Thanks.

6 Replies

Employee

This should be working by default as in if you use a tagpicker or tagfield widget and type in say ‘geometrixx’ , enter and save it should create tag under the default namespace.

although there is bug with tagfield widget where non-capitalized characters won’t be created and marked invalid on save.

Level 6

Thanks, Kunwar.

Maybe you are referencing to the tag in the dialog.

I am using content fragment model, the tag is from /coral/common/form/tagField. Seems there are different.

Will Adobe enhance the tagField used in content fragment model sometime later?

Thanks.

Level 10

This does not work like this. You can log a bug requesting this functionality however.

Employee

tags in the dialog eventually use the tagfield component from Coral framework and the same widget is in the CF properties.

I wonder what are you referring to ? I assume it is the same as the attached screenshotScreen Shot 2018-05-03 at 1.13.11 PM.png

Employee

I see. I haven't tested the content fragment model FP with AEM 6.3 SP2 as it's not currently compatible with it. I can dig deeper once it is available for use over SP2. I think this should be doable if we can refer the tag building block  to tagfield and use it in the content fragment