to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Create a new "Asset Report" template?

grantc99475970
Level 3
Level 3

At localhost:4502/mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/reports/createreportwizard.html there are a list of report types that you can use to generate reports.

How can I create a custom type. Is that possible?

I find it's a lot of work to add in all the custom fields in order to create the report that I need, and I don't see an option to save all those fields so that I can reuse them.

5 Replies
grantc99475970
Level 3
Level 3

The first link: Asset Reports

This is what I used to generate the first report. As I mentioned, I find it's a lot of work to add in all the custom fields in order to create the report that I need, and I don't see an option to save all those fields so that I can reuse them. That's what I want, the "add a bunch of custom fields and reuse them later" functionality. I don't see instructions on how to do that on this page.

The second link: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/dev-reports.html 

These seem to describe the "old version" of reports, that use a completely different UI than the page at /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/reports/createreportwizard.html

I might be able to go down this path, but before I do, I'd like confirmation that these reports and the reports from the first link are separate. Are they? And is there no way to create (and save) a custom report in the style of the reports from the first link?

Thanks

angelaf82002294
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in a similar situation where I need to regularly retrieve asset reports with quite a few custom metadata values, which is tedious to build every time. It may be more work to setup, but ACS Commons has a Report Builder that looks like it allows for quite a bit of customization. Most importantly, the report configuration persists and can be executed at the click of a button. I haven't explored this fully, but it sounds like this could be a possible solution. Report Builder

Sujendra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, did you finally achieve your requirement with acs report builder or any other way? ACS commons cant be used in my project and I am looking for options.

Sujendra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing same issue. I need to add just an extra field with the existing file-based Asset report. were you able to find a solution?