Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create a custom scaffolding in Touch UI (AEM 6.2)

Level 2

Hi,

What is the procedure to create a custom scaffolding? I looked this tutorial https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/author/site-page-features/scaffolding.html , but is used old dialog. I must use the new cq:dialog.

Could you show me an example, please?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies

Level 10

I beleive it's not supported in Touch UI. Why is using Classic view as documented an issue? 

Level 2

There are two issues:

1st: The issue for many of us is that our clients don't have nor want the classic view. They only want HTL based components and Touch UI dialogs, neither of which are supported by classic view. So the real question it seems is: Will there be a working scaffolding mode for the touch ui in the future, or is this functionality being phased out?

2nd: classic view is about to be deprecated and then removed entirely in future versions of AEM, therefore, the use of the classic scaffolding mode isn't a sustainable option.

Level 2

Hi Scott

Are there any updates to this and the use of TouchUI scaffolding in AEM 6 to support ecommerce product data?

I'm particularly keen on getting multifields working in AEM 6.3

Thanks, Richard.

Level 10

Here is the 6.3 docs - which represents the latest information on this -- Scaffolding

Level 2

Thanks Scott.

We've been using a TouchUI dialog for over a year now in 6.1 to manage product data in the scaffolding

I find it difficult to believe that we must re-implement. Especially due to the gradual removal of the Classic UI

Unless Adobe have plans to remove support for product management through scaffolding?