Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Could not build Package "no space left in device" when building packages via crxde or curl command AEM 6.1

Level 3

Hi Community and Staffs,

I'm new to AEM6.1 and just want to seek help from here. I am building packages recently using crxde package manager and curl commands, however, I have encountered an error that does not allow me to build packages anymore. I deleted the package that I've built everytime and now I am confused that I've encountered this error. Am I doing it right? How can I free up space and on what directory should I free up?

Can someone help me regarding with this matter? Any answer is really appreciated. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Alvin

29 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey Alvin,

It's always best to take backup before deleting anything from anywhere and then delete files.

As you can see the files here are quite large, e.g. package manager has attempted to create 3.0 Gb package, which is quite a big package, you need to:

1. remove these temporary files
  2. choose smaller folder in aem

If you want to copy gigabytes please look at How to use the VLT Tool which offers large repository copy functionality.

Regards,

Peter

Level 3

Hi PuzanovsP​,

Yes I tried to build package that is more than 3gb, can you clarify on how does vaultpack created within my tmp? Thank you so much

Community Advisor

In two words, this is how vlt is used by AEM and this is how it's implemented in AEM,

For further details, nothing can explain better then official documentation[1] and source code[2]

[1] Jackrabbit Filevault - Overview

[2] GitHub - apache/jackrabbit-filevault: Mirror of Apache Jackrabbit FileVault

Regards,

Peter

Level 3

Hi PuzanovsP​,

Do you mean that everytime I build a package that is more than my diskspace on my /tmp , it will create a vaultpack ? Sorry for spoonfeeding too much, I'm new to AEM and just starting to sort things out

Community Advisor

Hi Alvin,

That's perfectly fine, you are asking good questions,

When disk space needed for package is bigger then the space available in tmp(assuming you can't make changes to tmp), then you need to use other tools to copy such amount of data.

Regards,

Peter

Level 3

Hi PuzanovsP​,

I'm starting to sink in ideas , I have ask a question here on community on how can I extract all contents of AEM Instance and someone pointed me on crx/de/packmgr to filter things that I need to extract , then build it and is now ready to download. My question is : is there any other alternatives on how can I extract all the content of our AEM Instance using linux? My main goal here is to migrate all contents to another CMT (i.e. Sharepoint) .

Level 10

Could you share more details about your use case? What do you mean by "extract all contents of AEM"?

Does that include code/content/configuration/assets?

Do you have an idea about the size of the existing repository?

Do you want to perform this task one time vs periodically?

Does this use case involve only "one source AEM server either author or publish" and "one destination server"? Is this prod to non-prod or something else?

There are multiple solutions but it depends on your use case.

Level 3

Hi gauravb41175071​,

Sorry for the late response but I do appreciate you for keeping an eye on this thread. What do I mean when I say all contents of AEM is the files under the content/dam. For your questions, here are my answers:

- I need to extract files under content/dam

- Yes I have an idea on the total size of the repository

- Can do periodically or one time, depends on whats suits the better

- Yes only one source AEM server , author, This is prod to prod

I really would like to hear from you on what are these multiple solutions that can fit with my case. Thank you so much!

Level 10

Couple of solutions -