Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

coral textfield : msm lockable. Is this expected behaviour?

Level 4

Hi

I have added custom field to properties dialogue with resourceType as "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield". When rollout of page is done, on live copy page i don't see the lock icon appearing. When i change resourceType to "granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield" lock icon appears on live copy page. Is this expected behaviour? or Do i need to add additional property while resourceType is "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield" for LOCK icon to appear. 

Element definition in .content.xml

<mytitle

cq:showOnCreate="{Boolean}true"

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield"

allowBulkEdit="{Boolean}true"

cq-msm-lockable=“myTitle”

fieldLabel=“My TItle“

name=“./myTitle”

renderReadOnly="{Boolean}true"

required="{Boolean}false"/>

9 Replies

Level 4

any inputs are highly appreciated. thank you

Level 2

Actually I have the same problem with select from coral

Did you find some workaround ?

Level 2

Finally we found the solution, You can add cq-msm-lockable with granite:data

<filterSectionText

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield"

fieldLabel="Some Text"

name="./someText"

<granite:data

cq-msm-lockable="./someText"/>

/>

Level 1

It's working for me, not like all mcdonalds replies

Grill is Better,

Burger King.

Level 2

Hi danielgopo​,

Does your above fix with <granite:data ../> work for components on the page? Or is it just for the page properties?

I cannot make it work for a component level property on AEM 6.2.

Thanks,

Manender

Level 2

You cannot block dialog's properties individually in a component You only can lock the component node

Level 7

we have the kind of same implementation like above solution working in 6.3.But when we upgrading from 6.3 to 6.5 it is giving an error in msmTouchUICommons.js file and inheritance enabling disabling icon is not showing near to page properties. Any solution highly appreciated.

Level 2

I am seeing this same problem in AEM 6.4 (pathfield and textfields). Did anyone find a solution?

Level 2

If you are using coral fields you can use my previous example with granite:data. I have it working in 6.3 and 6.4