Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Copy users from 6.0 to 6.1

Level 4

I have been suggested to copy users from 6.0 version to 6.1 version. We had an earlier bad experience when copying one instance of 6.1 to another instance of 6.1 as it caused unexpected errors in user management.

Is there a best practice or recommended way of copying users?

2 Replies

Administrator

Hi,

Package manager does help when you want to move users & groups privileges from one instance to another which is a different case.
In order to solve the above problem, we are still going to use package manager. Follow the steps below:

Create a package and put all the users & their groups.
    Exclude few users & groups :
        admin & administrative anonymous (not necessary but good to keep it excluded)
        If same user & group are found in both environments;  delete from AEM 6 instance before installing 5.6 user package. You should ignore admin & anonymous here too

Install it

To verify your accounts, login with any of your group. Also you can verify logged-in user’s privileges.

Note :
This solution is tested and proven in one of our applications. However, if you still find any issue, leave a comment, we will try to help you.

Source Link:- http://www.tothenew.com/blog/users-migration-from-cq5-6-to-aem-6-06-1/

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

kautuksahni wrote...

Hi,

Package manager does help when you want to move users & groups privileges from one instance to another which is a different case.
In order to solve the above problem, we are still going to use package manager. Follow the steps below:

Create a package and put all the users & their groups.
    Exclude few users & groups :
        admin & administrative anonymous (not necessary but good to keep it excluded)
        If same user & group are found in both environments;  delete from AEM 6 instance before installing 5.6 user package. You should ignore admin & anonymous here too

Install it

To verify your accounts, login with any of your group. Also you can verify logged-in user’s privileges.

Note :
This solution is tested and proven in one of our applications. However, if you still find any issue, leave a comment, we will try to help you.

Source Link:- http://www.tothenew.com/blog/users-migration-from-cq5-6-to-aem-6-06-1/

~kautuk

Thanks Kautuk, i did see the link your shared but there are a couple of comments at the bottom of the same which says people are facing issues but I will still go ahead on a test environment first.