Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Copy, paste functionality of components in pages is not working in aem service pack 6.4.7

Level 2

Hi

Copy, paste functionality of components in pages is not working in aem service pack 6.4.7. Please help me in solving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi

What is the error you are getting?

1) Please check the User access privileges

2) Check the logs for error details

3) Try in local host with admin user

Level 2
Hi, I tried to copy a component and paste it in the nearby parsys, it is not showing paste button, but when I try to paste it in the main parsys it is showing paste button as required

Hi, Even we are facing same issue after upgrading to 6.4.7. Is this resolved with 6.8 or you had any alternate fix? could you please help with update. Thanks in advance.

Level 4
Its already addressed and will be available in SP8 that is probably releasing on 5th of march (CQ-4286144)

Employee

Please share the steps that you are following. It works for me on my AEM 6.4.7 instance.

Community Advisor

Is this issue resolved?

or

This issue can occur due to one more reasons - Pasting a component from to other place holder or page , an empty node without resource type is generated in such cases. More explained in this link - AEM Resources missing sling:resourceType - Stack Overflow

The issue raised CQ-4212306 will be part of 6.4 release.