Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Content Migration from external CRM system(InterAction) to AEM6.x

Level 2

Hi Guys,

Can anyone suggest good approach to achieve below.

How can we integrate AEM with any external CRM system?

We have a requirement of migrating the content and associated assets to AEM from external CRM(InterAction) system. We need Automated migration to achieve this.

Do we need to use any ETL tool like Talend for this or it can be done by implementing automated migration scripts?

Please suggest how to implement it in both ways.

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 10

I am not aware of such a tool that is automated. AEM has tools like VLT that let you move content into AEM -- How to use the VLT Tool - docs.adobe.com

Level 10

Of course - you can build a custom tool as well that can perform upload of assets/content to AEM. This involved using HTTP and Sling Servlets.  This example shows a Java client app uploading a lot of assets into the AEM DAM.

Scott's Digital Community: Automating the process of uploading multiple digital assets to the Adobe ...

Level 2

Thanks Scott.

Here my question is how to transform any external system(InterAction CRM in our case) content into AEM supported content pattern.

How do we do

-content mappings

-tags & links mappings...and so on to make AEM specific content

Can XSLT can be used for this?? Or is there any other approach for this

I don't find any sample migration/transformation scripts to achieve this.

I have referred so many links:

[INFOGRAPHICS] Fundamentals of Migrating Content to AEM | TO THE NEW Blog

Important things to consider for Migration to AEM - Part 2 | TO THE NEW Blog

Any example or sample scripts will be helpful to get an idea for this implementation

Level 10

Unfortunately - i am not aware of any such scripts. The only thing closely related is the AEM Importer tool doc.,Site Importer