BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Content Classifications in AEM 6.4

etugarev
Level 2
Level 2

Hello community!

We are leveraging the efforts to migrate to the AEM 6.4 + SP1 from AEM 6.3 for our customer. AEM 6.4 comes with content area classification mixins -  https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/deploying/using/sustainable-upgrades.html .

The page states that components under granite:FinalArea can be referenced by sling:resourceType. After executing Pattern Detector on 6.3 (/system/console/status-pattern-detector) we have a lot of ECU warnings regarding referencing "/libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield" by sling:resourceType in dialogs.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 15.46.59.png

July 23, 2018 3:06:32 PM CESTECUextraneous.content.usageCross-boundary override of internal marked path /libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield/cq:dialog/content/items/textfield1/items/columns/items/label referenced at /apps/xxxxxxxxx/components/content/forms/elements/twotextfield/cq:dialog/content/items/textfield1/items/columns/items/label

More info at the Knowledge Base.

Referenced by:/apps/xxxxxxx/components/content/forms/elements/twotextfield/cq:dialog/content/items/textfield1/items/columns/items/label
Referencing:/libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield/cq:dialog/content/items/textfield1/items/columns/items/label

Can anybody please explain this? I wonder why is such a warning while referencing OOTB components.

Also having granite:PublicArea on foundation components would probably make more sense...

Any thoughts?

Message was edited by: Evgeny Tugarev
Added tags

7 Replies
smacdonald2008
Level 10
Level 10

"We have a lot of ECU warnings regarding referencing "/libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield" by sling:resourceType in dialogs"

Looks like its complaining about older granite types (granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield) as opposed to new granite/coral ones (granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield) - purhaps this warning is generated as the types are not the newest ones.

etugarev
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Scott, thank you for the prompt reply, I changed resourceType to 'granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield' but it still yelds the same warning.

smacdonald2008
Level 10
Level 10

I have checked with internal ppl and no one has seen this before. I am continuing to search.

mohand88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm upgrading AEM from 6.2 to 6.4 and I'm facing the same error.

I didn't find any solution yet. I continue searching and let you know if I have news.

Regards,

Mohamed.

sindhug14537977
Level 2
Level 2

Hi smacdonald2008,

when i ran the pattern detector on my 6.3 project, it showed too many acs-commons issues. example: "2018-07-31T17:28:20.755Z [SUSPICION] The pattern=ECU/extraneous.content.usage was found by detector=ContentAccessDetector with id=ba0d1fb144f0aad47d8391b0e95dfc9056ba7d85dd4553da04ec4d06163ec070 message="Cross-boundary override of internal marked path /libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/field referenced at /apps/acs-commons/components/authoring/search-pathbrowser". More info at=https://www.adobe.com/go/aem6_ECU".

should i just ignore them while we upgrade from 6.3 to 6.4.

NOTE: i have latest version installed (ACS AEM Commons 3.17.4)

AND

there are other issues similar to the above posted by  etugarev

kautuk_sahni
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would recommend following [1]. And if problem still persists then go ahead and create a support case for this one.

[1] ECU 

sindhug14537977
Level 2
Level 2

as per this page Overlays , it recommends to do this "This means that creating an overlay with a skeleton structure is only appropriate for the standard, touch-enabled UI."

should the structure match here with /libs?

libs : /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/field

custom: /apps/xyz_project/components/widgets/customdampathfield/pathbrowser

its not clear about the solution in the article ECU

Thank You!