Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content Bulk editor for MultiString Type

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to bulk edit my site content using the standard process of bulkeditor.

I need to change cq:allowedTemplates value which is a multifield.

The nodes which don't have this property will get updated but with TYPE:String

cq:allowedTemplates

String

"[/apps/dmp/templates/spoketemplate,/apps/dmp/templates/hubtemplate,/apps/dmp/templates/tooltemplate]"

The nodes which have this property and needs to be updated is not getting updated

cq:allowedTemplates

String[]

/apps/dmp/templates/spoketemplate/apps/dmp/templates/hubtemplate

Can some please tell as how to do add/update the fields which have multistring type or if atleast we can do it or not using bulk editor?

Thanks

Mohit Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Mohit,

Currently updating multi string properties using bulk editor saves as string. Enhancement request has been placed.
    Please file daycare along with business case & impact to reconsider the enhancement.  

Thanks,
Sham

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Can you please include a screen shot of your Bulk Editor setup.

Level 1

Navigate to : http://localhost:4502/etc/importers/bulkeditor.html

1. Rootpath : /content/project_name/en_uk
  2. Query Parameters : "sling:resourceType":"dmp/components/page/base"
  3. Content mode: unchecked
  4. Property columns: Uncheck all
  5. Custom properties /columns : cq:allowedTemplates
  6. Click “search”
  7. Check UTF-8 checkbox and click “Export”

Open exported file in Excel and update the “cq:allowedTemplates” properties for each node.  (Find replace all).

Open bulkeditor with this param: http://localhost:4502/etc/importers/bulkeditor.html?hib=false

1. Rootpath : /content/project_name/en_uk
  2. Click import and navigate to the previously exported file. It should update all nodes.
  3. When imported, on top right corner you’ll see the message how many nodes have been imported.
  4. Check using CRXDE and confirm by creating pages under existing pages to see that the cq:allowedTemplates property has taken effect.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Mohit,

Currently updating multi string properties using bulk editor saves as string. Enhancement request has been placed.
    Please file daycare along with business case & impact to reconsider the enhancement.  

Thanks,
Sham

Level 3

Hi Sham,

Has this been fixed? I would like to request that this also works when importing tsv files.

Additionally I'd like to request another feature: that the importer doesn't generate nodes for empty cells that don't currently exist. That would allow to do the export/modifications/imports in a single step instead of one step per property. What's the best channel to suggest this?

Thanks,

Federico