I am working to stand up a SaaS AEM Sites product for our firm. We have multiple concurrent projects that need to use version of the same content and language variants of the same. Is there a best practice or Content Architecture/Content hierarchy to includes these features when we stand up the platform
Any suggestion / slide deck /link are appreciated ;
Apart from the above you should keep in mind following things while designing your content hierarchy-
1. Create your hierarchy as per your site taxonomy.
2. If you have any pages which are created on regular schedule like articles/blogs etc. then avoid creating flat hierarchy for those pages. Create intermediate folders/buckets for those pages based on the volume of the content. Like you can have month wise segregation or date wise. It depends on the volume of content.
3. If there is any authentication requirement and you need to have secure pages then make sure your secure pages are created in a separate hierarchy so that you can apply ACLs or permissions which can be inherited to all relevant secure pages.
4. Along with pages also define hierarchy for reusable content like experience fragments or any other content which is shared.
5. Also, make sure your Assets hierarchy follows best practices as well. Your assets should be easy to search and should have intuitive logical way to browse for authors.
6. As part of your global sites hierarchy also consider how will you manage content which has to be shown on all the pages but managed in a central place. How will you invalidate the cache of the site when such content is updated etc.