Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Content Approval Workflow in AEM

Level 3

Hi,

I have created a workflow using admin credentials and I have created group/users like the author, editor, legal to approve the content.

author -> create/edit the content

editor -> if the content if fine, forward to a legal person

legal -> verify the content and publish

All steps are working with notifications for different users roles, However, I am not able to start the workflow with author credentials, it is working only with the admin.

Could you please suggest, if this is the correct functionality?? and what are the minimum permissions required for author, editor, and legal

Thanks,

Heena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try to add the users into one of the below group based on the need

• workflow-users:
    • this group holds all the privileges necessary for your users to perform workflow actions.
    • when the account is in this group it only has access to workflows that it has initiated.
  • workflow-administrators:
    • this group holds all the privileges necessary for your privileged users to monitor and administer workflows.
    • when the account is in this group it has access to all workflows.

Regards

Albin I

www.albinsblog.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

You can add your custom groups in OOTB "content -authors" group. Required permissions will get apply to your group as well.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try to add the users into one of the below group based on the need

• workflow-users:
    • this group holds all the privileges necessary for your users to perform workflow actions.
    • when the account is in this group it only has access to workflows that it has initiated.
  • workflow-administrators:
    • this group holds all the privileges necessary for your privileged users to monitor and administer workflows.
    • when the account is in this group it has access to all workflows.

Regards

Albin I

www.albinsblog.com