Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

component that queries the JCR using the JCR SQL2 API not getting rendered on publish instance

Level 5

Hi Team,

I have a component which queries the JCR using JCR SQL2, It works perfectly fine on author instance but the same is not working on publish instance.

As per the documentation Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Experience Manager HTL component that queries the JCR us...

I had to create system user on the publish instance as well but there is no steps given for the same in the documentation.

Even I tried creating system user on following link:- http://localhost:4503/crx/explorer/index.jsp but I am unable to create any user on the same please find

the attached snapshots.

with regards,

Richa Chaubey

system_user_creation_1.PNG

system_user_creation_2.PNG

5 Replies

Level 10

For service user deployment, I prefer Ensure service user from ACS commons, it's simple and takes care of the deployment.

Level 5

edubey​, I was able to resolve the issue, as I was not logged in correctly.

Adding to this question What is the difference between the author and publish instance, I have checked their respective runmodes it is reflecting correct values. But I am able edit the content pages on publish instance as well.

It will be very helpful if you share your insight on the same, as I am quite new to AEM

Level 10

Though underlying AEM (jar/war file) remains same in all runmodes, all it goes down to the configuration which drives the feature/functionalities most of the time.

Publish are always for end users, authors are not supposed to make any changes there directly. Content and Code update to publish goes via author.

One key thing to notice is this particular config get "Disabled" in publish run mode which remove authoring ability.

1382437_pastedImage_0.png

Level 5

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your response, I have a page which is querying the jcr content, the page is getting rendered within our network domain but the same is not getting rendered on public network domain, can you please share your insight what might be the possible issue.

with regards,

Richa Chaubey

Level 10

If page is getting rendered in your domain, I don't think there is any code issue.

Considering public network, you might want to check if request is even going to your publish instance. Also validate dispatcher.log and then publish error.log. These two files should be good place to start debugging