Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Community Private Group Image Issue

Level 3

Hi All,

We have extended the OOB Community Group component(for changing layout mostly), and now we are facing an issue, that Private groups images shows as broken image through VIP and returns 404 No resource found error

From Dispatcher and publishers they look fine.

I noticed couple of points

1) When  private community group got created, it adds the rep:policy node at the node level itself with permissions as deny for "everyone".

2) When I looked into logs more, the request from dispatcher shows images requests as request from admin (but I logged in as testuser1)

3) When request comes from VIP, then the images requests shows as from "anonymous" user (but I logged in as testuser1)

Has anyone else faced this issue, do we have to make some additional configuration/changes to display the Private Community groups images.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Environment:- AEM 6.2 SP1-CFP14,cq-socialcommunities-pkg-1.10.167.40.zip.

Thanks,

Monika

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Few questions:

• What is VIP?
  • Is testuser1 part of admin group?
  • When you log in through VIP, Is the user logged in happened on AEM or In your application? Application login could be different from AEM Login.

Level 10

Post a video here to show exactly what is going on. Hard to see exactly what you are trying to do.

Level 3

Hi Jitendra,

To answer your questions

• What is VIP? - Virtual IP for the website
  • Is testuser1 part of admin group? - Yes, testuser1 is part of admin group
  • When you log in through VIP, Is the user logged in happened on AEM or In your application? Application login could be different from AEM Login.- User logged in happen through application which has Siteminder and Ldap authentication layer.

But the Siteminder authentication comes in picture when user logs in, after user logged in there is no interaction with Siteminder.

In access log rest of the other requests for the pages goes as the user which we logged in, but images requests goes as "anonymous"

Not sure if we are missing some dispatcher configurations.

Thanks for taking time to look into this. I appreciate.

Level 3

Hi Scott, I will try If I can make a video, to share the scenario better

Thanks