Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Communities Members Edit

Level 4

Hi,

I am currently looking at the new spam control filters available in FP6 (https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/communities/users/limits.html). To be able to successfully implement this though, some users will need elevated privileges to be able to access the /communities/members page to be able to lift posting restrictions on new members (i.e. unticking the 'Contribution Limits' tickbox).

The documentation says this:

Authorized Administrators

When working with members in the Communities members console, it is necessary to be signed in as a user with appropriate permissions, and for the replication agent used by the tunnel service to be correctly configured.  

If not signed in as admin, then the signed in user must be a member of the administrators user group.

I have huge reservations about adding regular users (albeit users who work within our organisation) to the administrators group on a publisher server when the only part of the system they need access to is the communities member console. Is there any other way of giving a moderator access to edit member profiles without adding them to the administrators group?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Initially, member management is supported for the author environment.

There is work in progress to support member management from the publish environment.

- JK

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Initially, member management is supported for the author environment.

There is work in progress to support member management from the publish environment.

- JK