Expand my Community achievements bar.

Comments Component and Activity Stream

Level 2

We have some content pages that we have put a comments component at the bottom of (/libs/social/commons/components/hbs/comments). The commenting works great and is stored properly, but the comments are never added to the activity stream.  We'd like to leverage the comments component to allow commenting on non-social content, but would like that to still show up in a user's activity stream. The only things I can think of is that either we are missing a client lib of some kind or it is because the comments component isn't being placed inside a social component (like a topic or post). Anyways, if someone could help me come up with some ideas on how to get the comments component to hit the activity stream, I would be forever grateful. :-) Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 2

Just to give some context into what I've been looking at to solve the issue:
I have been looking at the journal (blog) component as it has comments (well a comment component anyways), but the supertype of the Journal component's comment component is social/forum/components/hbs/post. The Journal's comment components are displayed within the Journal's entry topic component (/libs/social/commons/components/hbs/comments) which has a supertype of social/forum/components/hbs/topic. Maybe not a lot there or a dead end, but that is what I have been looking at.