Expand my Community achievements bar.

Clustering Related Query

Level 3

Hi All,

I am facing an error, which is someting piculiar. I am using AEM 5.6.1.

I have 2 author instances(a1 and a2) and both are in cluster. We are performing tar optimization on the instances everyday between 2a.m. - 5a.m.(London Timezone). Now, in the error.log of a2, i am seeing the below error everyday in the above mentioned time:

419 *ERROR* [pool-6-thread-1] org.apache.sling.discovery.impl.cluster.ClusterViewServiceImpl getEstablishedView: the existing established view does not incude the local instance yet! Assming isolated mode.

Now, I have done some research on this and came to know that, AEM users "ClusterViewServiceImpl.java" for clustering. And in that, the below mentioned code snippet is basically failing:

EstablishedClusterView clusterViewImpl = new EstablishedClusterView( config, view, getSlingId()); boolean foundLocal = false; for (Iterator<InstanceDescription> it = clusterViewImpl .getInstances().iterator(); it.hasNext();) { InstanceDescription instance = it.next(); if (instance.isLocal()) { foundLocal = true; break; } } if (foundLocal) { return clusterViewImpl; } else { logger.info("getEstablishedView: the existing established view does not incude the local instance yet! Assuming isolated mode."); return getIsolatedClusterView(); }

Can someone help me to understand more in depth regarding the same. Does it means that, the clustering is not properly working? What can be the possible impacts because of this error?

Thanks,

Kaustav Majoomder

0 Replies