Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Clientcontext on Publish

Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to achieve personalization on the basis of Referrer property in clientcontext. And its all working fine when i ran may pages with multiple teasers on Author.

Can anyone help me how to achieve same on Publish instance ? How to set referrer on publish and how to read it ?

Thanks,
Amogh

6 Replies

Level 10

Can anyone help me how to achieve same on Publish instance

If you have it working on Author then you should be able to get it working on publish. You need to ensure that all files (ie - segments) and Personalization data is on pub instance. Ensure that everything you did on Author is done on Pub.

Level 3

smacdonald2008 wrote...

If you have it working on Author then you should be able to get it working on publish. You need to ensure that all files (ie - segments) and Personalization data is on pub instance. Ensure that everything you did on Author is done on Pub.

I have tried this on Author using Client Context UI, which we don't have on publish. So, what is the way to get this work on publish instance ?

Level 9

it seems you have added referer property at the client context and that property isn't available in client context in publish environment. If you are using default client context, go to this path, make sure property is added and then publish it. you problem should be solved.

Client context path :

http://localhost:4502/etc/clientcontext/default/content.html

Regards,

Jitendra

amoghd64765494 wrote...

smacdonald2008 wrote...

I have tried this on Author using Client Context UI, which we don't have on publish. So, what is the way to get this work on publish instance ?

Level 3

I have not added any property explicitly. I am just using the existing referrer condition and adding required keyword like Facebook, twitter or YouTube in client context ui and testing it. I have attached screenshot and highlighted the field where I am changing the value of referrer in Author mode.

Level 9

That's what i meant. You have used existing property but that property isn't part of client context by default. Once you have used it (authored) now publish it. it suppose to work.

---

Jitendra

Level 3

Jitendra S.Tomar wrote...

That's what i meant. You have used existing property but that property isn't part of client context by default. Once you have used it (authored) now publish it. it suppose to work.

---

Jitendra

I guess you misunderstood my question. It is existing property of client context by default. Its referrer property that I am using. Rest of the properties are based on user and this one is based on browser.