Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Check Touch UI Mode in Sightly HTML[AEM 6.2]

Level 8

Hi All,

We are using 6.2 and just giving <div data-sly-test="${wcmmode.edit}">Edit Column Control</div> is not working[If I change to preview mode in author, it still shows up the text]..

Tried the thing mentioned in http://wcmaem.blogspot.in/2016/07/how-to-check-touch-ui-mode-in-sightly.html but no luck.

Any reference code/pointers will be helpful.

6 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

When you click on preview for some reason the view doesn't change directly.

We need to refresh the page to see the actual behavior.

You can append wcmmodes to your url to check the behavior to confirm.

wcmmode=edit, wcmmode=preview, wcmmode=disabled

Anyhow, this would work fine in publish server, so you need not worry.

- susheel

Level 8

Hi All,

Thank you for your reply.

<div data-sly-test="${wcmmode.edit}"> isn't working as expected, when even on page refresh.

Level 5

adobecquser cq wrote...

Hi All,

Thank you for your reply.

<div data-sly-test="${wcmmode.edit}"> isn't working as expected, when even on page refresh.

Edit / Preview has always worked this way.

As susheel has already said, if you want to see a true preview of what your page would look like in Publish, I suggest keeping a second tab open of your page with ?wcmmode=disabled appended to the end of it. I would also remove the "/cf#/" or the "/editor.html/" part of the URL too, so you're not loading anything that wouldn't load on Publish.

Community Advisor

hey,

please check this link:

http://blogs.adobe.com/experiencedelivers/experience-management/htl-intro-part-1/

sample8.html, sample2.html and sample3.html

It can help yours.

- Prince

Level 5
Oh that's nice. Thanks for the info. But this should been given by default in touch UI mode by AEM

Level 8

I don't disagree, but at least there's a relatively easy work around.