Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Change password is not working

Level 2

Hi,

Change password is not working on the homepage. After password expiry am getting new fields to enter new password and reenter password. After submitting the form it is showing popup as password changed successfully. But password is not changing. Could any one please help on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

21 Replies

Employee

Are you changing the password on the homescreen, before logged in into AEM? Do you see any logging in error.log file for this time?

Level 2
Yes, Changing password on the AEM login page only, no i don't see any errors in error.log file

Level 2
Am getting below in logscom.adobe.granite.security.user.internal.audit.AuditAuthorizableAction Password for User 'username' was changed

Level 2
Am getting the following line in logs "com.adobe.granite.security.user.internal.audit.AuditAuthorizableAction Password for User 'username' was changed"

Employee

For the error you have mentioned "com.adobe.granite.security.user.internal.audit.AuditAuthorizableAction Password for User 'username' was changed" in AEM", it seems that you need to reset your password. Try the approach given here:- https://medium.com/techinpieces/how-to-change-user-password-on-aem-when-passwordvalidationaction-is-...

Level 2

Unable to resolve with this approach also.
Getting same issue.
Getting success message but password is not changing

Niveshchandra_0-1594119813841.png

Community Advisor

Hi @Niveshchandra,

Could you please share the below two configurations from the instance you are trying to narrow down the issue

• Apache Jackrabbit Oak AuthorizableActionProvider
  • Apache Jacrabbit Oak UserConfiguration

Also, Can you observe the network behavior from the browser when you click on "Ok" from the dialog above and share us.

Have tried this is in my local where Maximum password age -> 1 (for quick testing). On click of "Ok" -> temporary redirect (302) to index.html -> then to aem/start.html (Instance landing page)

Note :

• Same Info level log that you have shared is evident in log file (Password for User 'user' was changed)
  • I didn't enable Password Validation action in AuthorizableActionProvider config

Level 2

Hi @Vijayalakshmi_S,

I tried by changing configuration Maximum Password Age to 1 day in Apache Jackrabbit Oak UserConfiguration. It is working fine after password expiry. But it is password is not changing when am trying to change password before expiring. Is there any changes required for that.
Below are the screen grabs of the configurations.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

Community Advisor

Hi @Niveshchandra,

Can you enable PasswordChangeAction in Authorizable Actions field of Apache Jackrabbit Oak AuthorizableActionProvider and try once.

Community Advisor

Hi @Niveshchandra,

No worries. Did you get a chance to observe the network behavior as you click on "Ok" from success confirmation dialog. 

Can you share us the screen cast of the same if possible. (password change scenario before expiring)

Community Advisor

Hi @Niveshchandra,

Thanks for sharing, It looks fine. j_security_check is success followed by temporary redirect and start.html is also success. 

The moment you land in start.html, are you not staying logged in ? or what exactly you see in terms of user journey and how you are validating your updated password. 

Level 2

Hi @vanegi,

Am not getting any error, getting just info in logs like above.
No use with the link which you provided. Could you please help me to resolve this.

Community Advisor

Hi @Niveshchandra,

Could you please elaborate on the change password functionality.

Is it a custom component that you have developed?

If yes, backend mechanism for handling the same.

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the response,

It is not custom component, if the user password the expires aem have password change functionality in login page. So one my account password got expired and trying to change the password. Able to get the message like password got changed successfully but password is not changed.

Community Advisor

Hi @Niveshchandra,

Given that you are getting success message and no errors in log file, Could you please close all working browser window and try to login to the instance(with updated password) in Incognito.

Ignore if you have already tried it.

Level 2

When you say homepage, this is AEM Admin page?

Or is the homepage part of the site you built on AEM?

In any case, for such errors, you need to troubleshoot, starting with the logs.

Level 2
Hi Tatvam, Thanks for the response. It is AEM login page provided by adobe only. Not getting any errors in logs and in console

Employee Advisor

I have faced this issue in 6.2 when the password was not matching the password policies. Please try with a simple password adhering to to the standards, some special character may be the culprit. You can verify it by logging in into AEM with a different user and then trying to change via user administration console.

If you can't login with any user, then its a problem with the AEM instance and you need to check the logs to understand what has gone wrong.