Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can we configure AEM 6.1 on google cloud ?

Former Community Member

Hi all,

We have a requirement in project to host the aem instance on google cloud. So, client can also access it for testing it. Is it feasible and if so, can anyone provide me some documents or resources for configuring it.

Thanks,

Karthik

8 Replies

Administrator

I have not seen this use case in community as of now.

Can you please tell the use-case of using google cloud ?

Meanwhile let me ask internal team for this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Former Community Member

Hi Kautusahni,

We wanted the AEM instance to be hosted on google cloud server so, client can this for performing QA and UAT testing.

Thanks,

karthik

Employee

I have not worked on Google cloud, but if it gives VM support like AWS and Azure, its just another infrastructure. Hence, I don't see any AEM issues with Google Cloud.

Administrator

Hi 

Reply from one of the internal expert is "I don’t think that AEM can run on Google appengine, also it’s not supported".

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Katuk, you have mentioned google app engine, whereas question was about google cloud. I would be surprised if AEM cannot be hosted on AEM cloud as it wouldn't be any different from any other cloud service provider.

Since google cloud is a relatively new player in the cloud business, it might not have been explored enough by Adobe to support it and that would be understandable. 

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Is google cloud a service, where you get virtual machines to run applications on? On [1] I don't find anything which points into this direction.

Jörg

[1] https://cloud.google.com/products/