Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can any one use Adobe Experience Manager as employee facing application?

Level 1

Hi All,

We are in the process of initiating a new digital enablement project, which aims to give intuitive digital experience and omni-channel experience to our customers. We are evaluating couple of products to transform our existing employee facing applications and corporate portal, mobile app (used by customers).

I am just wondering whether AEM is the best option to replace our existing on-premise CRM application GUI?

Whether AEM has all the features an employee facing application expected to have like user management, user authority/responsibility management, approvals, request capturing, customer complaint handling, order captureing etc?

Can we use AEM to replace our current customer care employee application by providing all such features?

Please advise, as we are new to AEM but interested in it. It would be helpful, if any one can share such reference documents.

Thanks

Vamshi

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

In general, it's hard to advise in favor or against AEM when I only have the information of a forum post. But when you mention that you want to replace a CRM solution, my impression is that you want to continue to have CRM features available, but only in a different way (with a better, more user-friendly UI?)

Yes, you can make AEM act as a user-friendly, omni-channel frontend to an existing CRM application. But it requires effort and I don't think that you can make much use of the features AEM is providing. If that's the main usecase you would use AEM for, I would advise not to use AEM for it.  There are probably solutions out there which are better for your specific usecase (I am not an expert in that area, so I cannot give you any product name, sorry!).

This is just some personal judgement based on the information above.

Jörg

Level 1

That's absolutely right Jörg.

We are not going to replace CRM, but the existing CRM will be residing as backend application, while a new frontend ( in the current context AEM) will provide the UI capabilities to customer care agents.  And at the same time, the same AEM shall provide omni-channel experience to our customer through our corporate website as well as the mobile app.

So here, can we think of AEM to build all CRM functionalities (although actual processing shall happen in the actual CRM) to capture the request as engagement layer for agents?

Employee Advisor

Hi,

if that would be the only function you would AEM using for ... I don't think that's the best usecase for AEM. If it's a by-product of your corporate website and the customers are accessing the CRM backend via AEM, that could work. Of course that depends a lot on the details of your requirements, that should be part of careful analysis.

(Not sure if you want to rebuild the UI for the customer care agents in AEM as well ...)

Jörg

Level 1

Thank you again for your feedback and patience.

Let me answer the last point.

(Not sure if you want to rebuild the UI for the customer care agents in AEM as well ...)

ANS: Yes, this is what is in current discussions to re-build all UI functions/features of current CRM in AEM, and all customer care agents will be accessing AEM application rather than current CRM.