Expand my Community achievements bar.

build plugin project to deploy awsjavasdk.jar to aem

Level 6

I am trying to create a pluginproject to use awsjavasdk.jar inside aem.

I have gone through the following steps several times but i cannot get the resulting jar to activate

1. Start Eclipse Mars

2. Select File, New, Other.

3. Under the Plug-in Development folder, choose Plug-in from Existing JAR Archives. Named my project aws_sdk.

4. In the JAR selection dialog, clicked the Add external button, and browse to the awsjavasdk.jar .

5. Click Next.

6. In the Plug-in Project properties dialog, checked the checkbox for Analyze library contents and add dependencies.

7. Selected Target Platform as the standard OSGi framework.

8. Checked checkboxes for Unzip the JAR archives into the project and Update references to the JAR files are both checked.

9. Click Next, and then Finish.

10. Click the Runtime tab.

11. Made sure that the Exported Packages list is populated.

12. Make sure these packages have been added under the Export-Package header in MANIFEST.MF. Remove the version information in the MANIFEST.MF file.

14. Save the project.

15. Build the OSGi bundle by right-clicking the project in the left pane, choose Export, Plug-in Development, Deployable plug-ins and fragments, and click Next.

16. Import into felix console manager, does not activate

3 Replies

Level 10

I will look into this for you. As memory serves however - i believe there was a version of Eclipse where this worked the best. I will post back my findings. This also may make a good community article - how to integrate AWS into AEM. 

Level 10

This is why it will not start - you are missing dependencies - as shown here: 

Looks like to get this bundle running  - you need to add another bundle that resolves org.junit.*. 

Level 6

Hi Scott,

Thank you, I am going to try that.

Regards

Clive