Expand my Community achievements bar.

Blog Page Names Follow Different Conventions?

Level 3

Hi All,

I'm looking at the blog in the Geometrixx demo site and see that when new blog entries are added, the page names that are generated seem to follow different conventions than pages within SiteAdmin.  For instance, here is a sample blog entry:

• The title provided is: DSC 2008 Show in Berlin
  • The page name that's generated is: dsc_2008_show_inber

If a page with the same title were created in SiteAdmin, the name generated would be: dsc-2008-show-in-berlin.  

• Is there a reason that the default behavior for blog names is different?
  • Is it possible to customize so that it follows the same conventions as SiteAdmin? (don't truncate the name, and replace spaces with hyphens rather than underscores).

Thanks!

7 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

First, what version of AEM and what version of Communities are you using?

Second, you can overlay or extend components in order to customize them.

Somewhere around the CQ 5.6.1/AEM 6.0 timeframe, the convention changed from using underscores to using hyphens.

Similarly, the Blog feature has undergone change.

AEM 6.2 : https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/author/communities/blog.html

AEM 6.0 : https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/social-communities/create-blog.html

Hope this helps.

- JK

PS:  Moving to the AEM Communities topic.

Level 3

Hi JK,

Thanks for your reply!

We are using AEM 6.1, SP1.  And looking in the package manager, I see cq-socialcommunities-pkg-1.7.197.zip (screenshot, "communities-package.png", attached).

I see this same behavior in a clean, local instance of AEM 6.1, SP1.  (screenshot, "blog-name.png" attached).

I'm unclear as to what could be overlayed here.  We're using the out-of-the-box component to "Add Entry". (screnshot attached, "add-blog-entry.png").  This component only allows you to specify a title, not a name.  This component seems to post to social.createblogentry.html, where I'm guessing the page name is generated...? 

Thanks for your help.

Level 3

Adding screenshots, they didn't seem to attach...

Level 9

Hi,

Communities features can be demonstrated using the AEM Demo Machine available publicly on GitHub.com or with the new We.Retail reference implementation when you upgrade to AEM 6.2.

Or take 10 minutes to follow the Communities getting started guide to quickly stand-up a barebones community site, which includes the blog feature.  

Also see the Community Components guide for developers.  It uses Communities components outside the infrastructure established when creating a community site from the Communities Sites console.

I suggest you install the latest releases for AEM 6.1, or upgrade to AEM 6.2 if possible :

I hope this helps.

- Janice

Level 9

Hi,

AEM Communities has undergone a transformation since AEM 5.6.1, and the blog feature available in both 5.6.1 and 6.0 are deprecated.  If you're selecting a blog template in the author environment and adding content from the author environment, then you are using the old feature.

If you're able to upgrade to AEM 6.2, or at least AEM 6.1, you will find the new implementation where blog articles are created in the publish environment by authorized users registered in the publish environment (members).

See AEM Communities Overview (October 13, 2016, 11:51)

- JK