Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best Approach to get all the pages and their metadata, page properties information into a DB

Level 4

Hi All,

We have a requirement to fetch all the page urls and their metadata,page properties present in CQ author instance and store them in to a DB. What is the best approach to do this in CQ?

Regards

Nivas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Can't you do the reporting inside AEM? Exporting all the stuff and doing then some reporting doesn't sound right to me.

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Is this for analysis tool like Coremetrix?

The best approach, IMHO, would be to create a workflow that is triggerd on modify (create, update and delete) of a node, check if the change is on a node of the type Page and then write it to the database according to specification. Of course, you need to have a second workflow or service that sends all the pages to the workflow initially as a workflow payload.

The question I instantly have to ask is "what is a page"? Is "A page node in AEM" or is it "A URL on the site"?. The first one is easy to do, the second one demands a lot more.

/Ove

Level 4

Hi, 

Basically we need this information ( page url, metadata, page properties) for reporting and searching purpose. So we need an approach to get the complete information under /content folder into db along with their meta data and page properites. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Can't you do the reporting inside AEM? Exporting all the stuff and doing then some reporting doesn't sound right to me.

Jörg