Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AuthenticationSupport service missing while restarting aem instance

Level 3

Getting the following error while restarting the aem instance.

*ERROR* [org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
*ERROR* org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check AuthenticationSupport dependencies.

Kindly help me on this. Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is just a symptom. The underlying root cause is that the repository service cannot be started; there are 2 main reasons for that:

* The Oak repository is not starting. You should find error messages earlier in the log.

* Repoinit scripts fail to execute. Also these leave error messages in the logs.

Can you provide us more information?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

This looks like a very common issue. It happens with me most of the time. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is just a symptom. The underlying root cause is that the repository service cannot be started; there are 2 main reasons for that:

* The Oak repository is not starting. You should find error messages earlier in the log.

* Repoinit scripts fail to execute. Also these leave error messages in the logs.

Can you provide us more information?

Community Advisor

@Dolly

1. Check whether your Apache Sling Authentication Service Bundle is active or not (http://localhost:4502/system/console/bundles/)- if not active then try to activate it manually.
2. Stop the AEM instance - Go to folder crx-quickstart/repository/remove folder index -> Start the AEM
3. Go for a re-indexing - http://www.wemblog.com/2011/12/how-to-rebuild-index-in-cq5-wem.html
4. Check the ERROR log - if you are seeing any memory related logs (Java Heap Space (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space)

Regards,

Raja