Assets are broken after imported via VLT tool

leonzhao0327

17-08-2020

Hi, I want migrate some content from another instance, so I did a poc on my dev instance at first, I have exported some assets via vlt tool, it seems fine, the assets which exported are available, but after I import them into AEM instance (same instance) again, all assets are broken.

 

It seems there is some encoding issue, because the assets size has increased after import them (e.g 231KB to 419KB) , but I don't know how can I fix them.

 

And I have already set Default Parameter Encoding to UTF-8, problem still there.

 

Hope someone can help me or give me some hits.

 

Following is the commands that I used to export and import:

vlt --log-level debug --credentials admin:xxxx -v export http://localhost:4502/crx/server /content/dam content

vlt --log-level debug --credentials admin:xxxx -v import http://localhost:4502/crx/server content /

 

 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vanegi

Employee

17-08-2020

Hello @leonzhao0327,

We don't distribute vlt tool starting with AEM 6.4 and there is not more development with conjunction to reflect the new Segment Tar syntax and security improvements. To sync content between AEM and above you should employ crx2oak tool:

 

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/deploying/upgrading/using-crx2oak.html

 

Thanks!!