I supposed a picture says a thousand words so please look at the screenshots. I've included the current view and drew a rectangle on the important "issue".
Some info/tests I've done:
1. This is happening on both stage and prod. Both are running 6.5.12.
2. I browsed a few folders inside /content/dam/staff/documents and the problem does not exists for the ones I've tried.
3. I browsed other folders in /content/dam/staff and the problem exists there.
4. I browser other folders in /content/dam (e.g. /content/dam/documents) and I cannot see the problem there.
5. In card and list view, I looked at the error.log for both environments and I cannot see any errors that may be related (that's obvious to me).
6. In list view, I get this error message (s7PublishStatus exists 4 times in asset.jsp) (NOTE: this only happens if the numbers does not match)
An error occurred at line: XXX in the jsp file: /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/row/asset/asset.jsp s7PublishStatus cannot be resolved
7. as another test, I repeated no.5 and 6 on my local AEM (also running 6.5.12). I can definitely replicate no.6 but not no.5 (NOTE: I was testing on different paths as I do not have /content/dam/staff in my local AEM as it's too big to build/download)
8. /content/dam/staff/documents contains both files and folders (30 folder and files altogether. I manually counted it)
9. only 21 items (both folders and files) are showing in card view
10. all items (both folders and files) are showing in column view
11. only 6 items (all folders) are showing in list view
12. I checked a folder called /content/dam/staff/documents/webex without replication date and it only shows up in card/column view.
13. I checked a folder called /content/dam/staff/documents/mgmt that has a replication date and it shows in all views.
The following screenshots is for /content/dam/staff/documents/webex folder (it appears in card and column view. but not list view)
I edited the original post.
in answering your question, I checked a folder (called webex) that's not showing in list view (but showing in card/column view) and I cannot see a replication date. I checked another folder (called mgmt) and it has a replication date and it's showing in all views.
can you check that the s7PublishStatus property is not there but the replication date property is there.
I am trying to check if somehow someof replication related properties are missing and there is inconstancy because of that.
Can you try replicating an asset and check if that make it appears in card/column view.
I checked both webex and mgmt folders in CRXDE and none of them has s7PublishStatus property.
the webex folder has not been published BUT there's a PDF inside it that's been published. As a test, I published the webex folder (in CRXDE, new replication properties were created for this folder). The webex folder still does not show in list view. (it's quite likely an error is encountered in another folder and this stops the code from processing the webex folder)
Could be possibility that one of the folder has a culprit asset. Can package your folder and local as a backup and keep trying publishing all the folders within webex folder one by one and check to narrow down the problem