Expand my Community achievements bar.

Asset Referencing

Level 5

Hello,

Would like to have users add references to assets manually instead of doing it through InDesign, Illustrator, etc...

How would I go about extending the asset page to support this feature? Is there a xtype for this?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi. I am not clear on your use case. Can you please provide more details.

Level 5

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Hi. I am not clear on your use case. Can you please provide more details.

I want users to be able to manually link references.

The properties section of an asset has a section for references. Wondering

if that part is customizable to maybe have a user open a window with DAM filetree 

and have them enter some references. We have some videos that have some references to other assets so wondering the best approach to this.

Thanks hope that was clear enough!

Level 10

You are still not clear about your requirements.

I believe you want  to customise the DAM asset metadata from?

If yes then Read

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

and https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/content/assets/assets-finder-editor.html#Metadata Form and Text Field - Configuring the View Metadata Component

Level 5

See that reference section in the image.

I want users to manually to link the references with assets from the DAM.

How would I go about modifying this page. I can replicate the link through CRXDE

in the back end so was was thinking triggering a Java service when user selects a link.

Level 10

TheBigRed wrote...

See that reference section in the image.

I want users to manually to link the references with assets from the DAM.

How would I go about modifying this page. I can replicate the link through CRXDE

in the back end so was was thinking triggering a Java service when user selects a link.

So this is customisation of DAM editor form.

• overlay reference action from  /libs/dam/components/asseteditor/actions/references  in your project and
  • Change text field to path field in the dialog(/libs/dam/components/asseteditor/actions/references/dialog).
  • Similarly you can change the other behaviour by overlaying or overriding components available in /libs/dam/components/asseteditor/actions/references based on your requirements.