Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Asset create version failing

Level 4

Hi Team,

In our project for some users version creation for asset failing with saying permission missing, its working for admin roles but we are unable to find exactly which permission should be updated here to resolve this.

Can anyone help here

These are below error getting for the users:-

28.10.2022 03:08:23.146 *ERROR* [10.182.60.81 [1666940903005] POST /content/dam/myapp/publicsite/en/photography/lifestyles.createasset.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.AssetImpl saveAsset: error while saving asset [/content/dam/myapp/publicsite/en/photography/lifestyles/wwo-typ-girl-glasses-phlife-as.jpg]: 
javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException.asRepositoryException(CommitFailedException.java:232) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-api:1.22.11]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException.asRepositoryException(CommitFailedException.java:213) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-api:1.22.11]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.newRepositoryException(SessionDelegate.java:669) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-jcr:1.22.11]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.save(SessionDelegate.java:495) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-jcr:1.22.11]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.SessionImpl$8.performVoid(SessionImpl.java:424) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-jcr:1.22.11]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.performVoid(SessionDelegate.java:273) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-jcr:1.22.11]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:421) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-jcr:1.22.11]
	at com.adobe.granite.repository.impl.CRX3SessionImpl.save(CRX3SessionImpl.java:208) [com.adobe.granite.repository:1.6.28.CQ650-B0001]
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @skumari1 ,
1. Do you have issue for a particular asset folder /content/dam/myapp/publicsite/en/photography/ only ? Did you tried with some folder under /content/dam/myapp ?
2. Do you have custom groups ? If yes check if any of these groups having "deny" property set, in this case remove the custom group having deny property set because deny property have some specific way of working which sometime create issue 
3. In order to troubleshoots I need details of group permissions  , so if possible send me those custom groups permission details 

/Brijesh Yadav

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @skumari1 ,

Please allow "jcr:versionManagement" permission on the path where you want to have asset version.

Steps:

1. Navigate to http://<server>:<port>/security/permissions.html

2. Search for the user-group that needs the permission addition

3. Select the group and click on

milind_bachani_1-1666957066944.png

button in the top right of the screen.

4. Add path and allow permission for jcr:versionManagement.

milind_bachani_0-1666956904114.png

Thanks,

Milind

Community Advisor

Add respective path and provide "jcr:versionManagement" privileges with Permission Type- Allow to those users at http://localhost:4502/security/permissions.html

Level 4

Hi @BrijeshYadav 

Added the Dam users role too, but it seems modify permission missing for only the asset path.

Note:- We are not directly providing permission from the console, we are maintaining yaml file.

@milind_bachani 

Tried with providing jcr:versionManagement for the path but still for the images the modify permission is showing not allowed.

skumari1_0-1666968975278.png

Level 4

Hi @HeenaMadan 

Even providing the jcr:versionManagement permission for the folder its not giving permission to modify tab for the asset inside that folder.

Community Advisor

Hi @skumari1 

Try with "DAM Users" group it has all required permissions to work on assets.

/Brijesh Yadav

Level 4

@kautuk_sahni Could you please look into this issue and help me here. I have tried the below things:-

1. Tried to provide jcr:versionManagement for the path 

/content/dam/myapp/publicsite/en/photography/

but still users are not able to create version for the assets present inside the above folder.

2. I have also tried to provide the users "Dam Users" role, its still faillig the same.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @skumari1 ,
1. Do you have issue for a particular asset folder /content/dam/myapp/publicsite/en/photography/ only ? Did you tried with some folder under /content/dam/myapp ?
2. Do you have custom groups ? If yes check if any of these groups having "deny" property set, in this case remove the custom group having deny property set because deny property have some specific way of working which sometime create issue 
3. In order to troubleshoots I need details of group permissions  , so if possible send me those custom groups permission details 

/Brijesh Yadav

Level 4

Hi @BrijeshYadav 

After removing the deny property set for custom groups it started working.