Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM6.2 video component is not working

Level 2

Hi Experts,
I tried with OOTB video component to play the video. I have used the document https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/operations/page-authoring/config-video.html to configure the video component. I have installed the FFmpeg (not using Dynamic Media) in my local machine and provided its path in system environment variable, also configure with AEM as documented in the document. In one of the steps- it says that we have to add video profile in the component in design mode but once I move the page in design mode , the design dialog for this component does not open :(  and hence I am unable to add the profile .

I am using the mp4 video file. The video plays properly but there is no audio at all. Please help me if I'm doing correct ! 

Thanks !!

Prasad

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi Prince,

Thanks for quick response !!

Yes, I have restarted the server .

I am unable to open the design dialog and it shows an error as in screenshot1.png

Thanks !!

Prasad

Level 2

Had the same issue, the list of video profiles can't be rendered in JSON due to the rep:policy file in /etc/dam/video.  Delete the rep:policy file there and the design dialog will work..