Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM workflow to allow multiple users to be assigned as an Approver and Reviewer

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I have a requirement in AEM workflow to allow multiple users to be assigned as an Approver and Reviewer in workflow for page. 

1. When Author requests the review of a page, move a workflow forward to the Reviewers to take approval from all designated reviewers, if any of the reviewer has any question they can put comments or post annotation and send it back to Author to update page accordingly.

2. Once all the Reviewer approves it , proceed it to next Approval step and get approval from all the designated approvers.

Regards,

Neetu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Neetu,

Create a custom workflow process. In that creat a task for all the users that needs to approved.  Then polls for task status of each of the user tasks and will return only when all tasks have finished.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Neetu,

Create a custom workflow process. In that creat a task for all the users that needs to approved.  Then polls for task status of each of the user tasks and will return only when all tasks have finished.

Thanks,

Former Community Member

MC Stuff wrote...

Hi Neetu,

Thanks,

So it's possible to include multiple approvals form single to approx. 10 to 15 using custom workflow process.

Level 9

Hi neethu,

Idea is to have multiple hence 10 - 15 will work. So for 15 users need to create 15 tasks.

Thanks,

Level 2

Hi, Can you please share the API's used for creating tasks in the process step. I am unable to find it. Thanks in advance.

Level 2

Hi,

2. Once all the Reviewer approves it , proceed it to next Approval step and get approval from all the designated approvers.

Were you able to find the solution for this? When I try it out, if one of the approver takes an action, then the tasks moves to the next workflow step. Please advice me on how to handle this.