Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM SPA Hello World

Level 10

Hi all, I am trying to run the AEM SPA Hello World tutorial using https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kt/sites/using/spa-editor-helloworld-tutorial-use.html. While testing this SPA functionality, we should look at the source code of the page, in which only a few lines of JS are shown and not any HTML. This specific tutorial does not cover that part of testing. It only shows appending "Hello" string to what ever we enter. Could you please elaborate those steps for me, starting from installing any required products for installation like Adobe Debugger (Not sure that Adobe Debugger  is required for this testing, or just looking at source code of page is good enough  ? Is that testing applicable for this tutorial? Appreciate your support. Thanks, Rama.

4 Replies

Level 10

One more query on the same topic... If I want to install the final and finished package directly on my AEM 6.4 on my local and test, do I still need to install Angular/React on my local? Please note that in this case, I will not be building the AEM package. Thanks, Rama.

Level 10

It seems you have lots of questions about this. That is exactly why we created these  WEBINARS around this topic:

Working with Single Page applications for Experience Manager

SPA Editor SDK Deep Dive - Part 1 - React

SPA Editor SDK Deep Dive - Part 2 - Angular

Watch all of these - they will answer any questions you will have!

Level 10

OK Scott. I will hold off to all my queries on AEM SPA, till I go through all your links. Kindly let me know where the Hello World SPA final deployable is. The one in the tutorial, "aem-sample-we-retail-journal-HelloWorld-Final.zip" failed to install, saying that it is missing jcr_root. When I expanded the zip, I did not find jcr_root.

.@gauravb41175071, since it is working for you, kindly guide me here.

Appreciate your support. Thanks, Rama

Level 10

this is the package -  https://github.com/adobe/aem-sample-we-retail-journal/releases  (each release has specific dependencies/versions mentioned in case you don't want to install the latest one)

P.S. you don't need to Adobe Debugger to test. Once you go through tutorials/source code, you'd get to know that it's actually doing what is mentioned in the article. you would need to install node/npm and webpack and it would pull down the required dependencies of react/angular etc.