Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM SPA, Angular side

Level 2

Hello everybody. I'm experimenting something with the new feature SPA Editor.

I have everything setted and im also able to make components working. With the model manager and the mapping.

Everything fine, but i have one question.

I know its still a beta, but when i try to create a new page, under We-retail-journal-angular, i can choose only react template, even if everything is setted and there are angular template is under configs.

And also, what i dont understand is: "how can i create the structure for a new template to be editable"?

Thank you in advance

14 Replies

Level 10

This is a detailed doc that can help...

Getting Started with SPAs in AEM

Also I am checking with other internal ppl about this.

Level 2

I'm checking over and over documentation. The problem is that is mostly about React, not angular.

smacdonald2008

Level 10

I am checking internally to see if we have a good example of SPA and Ang.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Your templates might not be visible because you didn't added allowedTemplates in root page or allowedPath property in case of static templates. You can go to root of your site from site console and from property allowed the templates.Editing Page Properties

You can check editable templates to create new templates or restructured.

Creating Page Templates

Arun Patidar

Level 2

EDIT:

I've been able to allow templates but what i get when i create the page and then i edit the template, it says thats not possible to request /path/structure.....*...(NOT FOUND)

I know this is something known as explained in the documentation from Adobe Beta, because we still can't edit templates according to that.

But what if i want to map a new template to Angular?

Level 10

The recommendation from the team is to use react. New content is being written and we will be doing an AEM Ask the Community Experts session on AEM and SPA within the coming months.

However - there is a community article here that talks about AEM and ANg -- http://suryakand-shinde.blogspot.com/2017/06/part-1-angular-2-with-aem-introduction.html

Level 10

This content will be added to the AEM Weekend tutorial. They said --

Yes, we are working on a WKND style tutorial for the SPA editor [0]. Initially, it will be in React but Angular is also planned (although it might be a good month later).

For those reading this thread - this content is coming.

Level 2

Ok thank you.

The problem is that i have a request to integrate with Angular, so basically i can't use React because it would mean to change requirements and that's not possible.

I'm also in the Beta group, so i'm following the calls , but that article, i wish it can helps a bit even if its not featured with the SPA Editor

Level 10

I need some clarity on questions, can you provide it:

you trying to create a new page with angular template?

If yes,

You can change config here /content/we-retail-journal/jcr:content for allowedTemplates to /conf/we-retail-journal/angular/settings/wcm/templates(/.*)

1569241_pastedImage_1.png

Let me know if I get the question wrong.

Level 2

Yes that's what i did. Now i'm able to create the template, but still i can't edit the structure, so it's not clear how to bind AEM Editor Template to Angular template rendering.

Level 10

Are you using Ang to write components or trying to replace how AEM uses editale templates and pages, and so on.

Level 2

I'm trying to create a new page, with a new template based on the SPA Editor.

The thing is not clear is if i'm supposed to edit templates structure (like policies, allowed components, parsys) even if i integrate with Ang, or not.

Level 1

I have created custom component with SPA editor framework, kindly see below blog- also I will add video as well as more content on blog. let me know if it might be helpful to you.

AEM + SPA Editor with Angular 6: AEM + SPA with Angular