Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM setup with Tomcat 8

Level 1

Hello there,

I am trying to setup AEM 6.2 on tomcat. I got a zip file from Adobe to install as war. In war two directories were there, WEB-INF and META-INF.

1) I unzipped the zip file and pulled all the data.
2) I created a war file out of it.
3) I renamed war file to ROOT.war.
4) I renamed ROOT folder under "CATALINA_HOME/webapps" to ROOT-backup

5) I placed the ROOT.war under "CATALINA_HOME/webapps".

6) I started tomcat.

I see the following exception in catalina.log file 

SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Error

deploying web application archive <....>\tomcat833\webapps\ROOT.war
 java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
    at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(SignatureFileVerifier.java:284)
    at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier.java:238)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:273)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:228)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java:383)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:450)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.ExpandWar.expand(ExpandWar.java:159)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.fixDocBase(ContextConfig.java:619)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.beforeStart(ContextConfig.java:752)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:308)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:95)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:394)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:144)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:725)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:701)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:940)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1816)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I checked, in META-INF folder MANIFEST.MF is there which has various information.

What else should I be looking for to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

there are some specialities with WAR files, especially if you repackage the WAR file using a standard ZIP tool. The MANIFEST folder needs to be the first folder in the WAR file, without this being the case you might run into funny exceptions.

I woud recommend to extract it to a filesystem and repackage it afterwards, but rather modify it inline (as zip tools support this) or repackage it with a tool which knows about it (maven-assembly-plugins does).

Jörg