Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM servlet not render in publisher instance

Level 1

I have followed this tutorial to create a form to submit data to SlingAllMethodsServlet . It works fine with the author instance. Once I published the page It shows the blank page in publisher instance.

aem-01.png

aem-2.png

I have installed the AEM 6.2 in ubuntu 14.04 machine. To create the above form I have used the templates & components. This is the error logs print when render the publisher instance.

10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse sent. Response: 200 OK10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse ------------------------------------------------
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse Sending message to localhost:4503
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse >> GET /bin/receive?sling:authRequestLogin=1 HTTP/1.0
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse >> Action: Internal Poll
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse >> Path: 
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse >> Handle: 
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse --
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse << HTTP/1.1 200 OK10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse << Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 17:30:55 GMT10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse << X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse << Content-Type: application/octet-stream10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse << Content-Length: 32
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse Message sent.
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse ------------------------------------------------
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse Reverse replication successful.
10.06.2020 23:00:55.463 *INFO* [sling-default-1297-com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReverseReplicator.2114] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse Fetched 0 contents from http://localhost:4503/bin/receive?sling:authRequestLogin=1 since null
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As above said please check whether all the required code is installed and bundles are active in publisher. Also, the logs which you are shared are not having details they are just replication info logs. 

Check the view source if there are any exceptions and also check the if there are any permissions need to be granted in publisher as author you will login with admin and will have full access but accessing via publisher we will access with anonymous user.

Hope this helps !

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sajithv 

• You might have missed publishing or deploy all the custom code written for this component which contains your java, JSP, client lib. Just validate your changes by logging as admin in publish instance.
  • Just validate if the content got successfully replicated after authoring this component.

Regards,

Arpit

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As above said please check whether all the required code is installed and bundles are active in publisher. Also, the logs which you are shared are not having details they are just replication info logs. 

Check the view source if there are any exceptions and also check the if there are any permissions need to be granted in publisher as author you will login with admin and will have full access but accessing via publisher we will access with anonymous user.

Hope this helps !

Level 1
Hi Ravi Thanks for quick reply. I want to know is there any feasibility to implement this kind of setup with AEM. AEM publisher html form submit data to author servlet & it connect to third party api & get response & show the response in publisher instance.

Level 1
anonymous 10/Jun/2020:23:59:19 +0530 "GET /libs/granite/core/content/login.html?resource=%2Flibs%2Fgranite%2Fcsrf%2Ftoken.json&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24&j_reason=unknown&j_reason_code=unknown HTTP/1.1" 200 14576 "http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/myformv2.html" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0" This is the info logs when rendering the publisher instance

Community Advisor
Hi Sajith, Instead of calling author from publisher, you can create service user (https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/administering/security/security-service...) to access the form servlet in publisher. You need to provide required access to service user to access the form/submit in publisher. But providing access to publisher more than read access should be taken care with utmost care and consider it should not affect the publisher because of the changes.

Employee

From the author package manager, you need to replicate packages that were deployed via maven.

Level 1

May be You may miss creating service user or check permission for service user which you are using to retrieve data .

Community Advisor

Agree with all, I think you have missed installing the packages in publish. 

Level 1
@veena Thanks for reply. Can I know how to publish the component & template in publisher instance. using crx/packmgr I have upload both ui.apps & ui.content bundle but it still show the empty page

Community Advisor

@sajithv, this might be either a system user not set up correctly or scripts and content packages are not deployed to your publish instance. Before jumping straight to conclusions, let's have a look at your /crx-quickstart/logs/error.log file. 

Most of the time the /crx-quickstart/logs/error.log file will provide you will supportively stack traces that explains to you what the problem is. Whether this is a user not set up, a servlet throwing errors, or maybe templates and components cannot be resolved, the /crx-quickstart/logs/error.log usually provides you with great information. 

Once you found your issue, you can work on the fix. I hope my tip helped. 

Level 2

Hi,

Looks like you are checking reverse replication logs instead of replication.

Check your replication queue and do a dry run.

Post that you can check if your bundles are active and error.logs for system user error or component, servlet related.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Please check if the template & component are present on the publisher instance or not. The page has the sling:resourceType which maps to the template.

For making the template & component available over the publish instance, either

1. package from the author and deploy on publish or 

2. maven build deploy on publish instance or

3. replicate the template & component from author crx/de

If either the template or component is not present on the publisher instance, you will get the blank page.

Once you get all of the above, please check the system user and the permission for the respective servlet bundle, if you are using it.

Level 1
Hi surabhikatiyar thanks for the reply. I have verified the above senarios you have mentaion. all of them are ok , except copy component & templates in publisher. can I get reference to do replicate the template & component from author crx/de

Level 3

Hello @sajithv 

The most probable cause is that your servlet bundle is not installed on the publisher. Please ensure the following:

1. The node you created has sling:resourceType defined. It should have the value you mentioned in the servelt

2. Ensure your bundle is installed in the publisher and is in Active state