Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Screens support for external devices

Level 1

Hello guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to access external devices with AEM screens? For instance, can I connect a movement sensor to my screen and trigger some action every time I detect movement in front of the screen?

Thank you!

3 Replies

Level 10

Do you mean to say trigger action that involves AEM Screen app integration or some non-AEM app related action? I believe non-AEM app action should be feasible but not AEM Screens app unless there are hooks exposed/available for same.

Level 1

Just to clarify, just wanted to know if I can connect an external device to some of the supported screens by "AEM screens" and interact with them either by hooks or screen player API if available.

For instance, I wan't to connect an external physical button to choose wether a user likes or not the image on the screen and switch it as per the input.

So I think the right question would be, does the screens player provide some API or hooks to interact with external devices connected a through USB or other mean?

Thank you!

Level 10

That's an interesting concept, I don't think its available OOB but it should be technically feasible per my knowledge. Let Staff/Engg. team provide their feedback.

references:

Getting Started  - Note: AEM screens in this topic are captured from version 6.3...

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Introduction to AEM Screens  - Finally, we will explore the AEM Screens REST API and explain how to integrate custom Cordova plugins ...

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Supporting Author and Publish in AEM Screens