Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Screens Player fails to generate token

Level 5

Hello,

We installed the most compatible AEM Screens Player version to the server's version (that is 6.4.2), Then configured the player to connect to the server. But the player fails to generate token, with the status under System Information "initial (link-up) (unauthenticated)".

Moreover, we have followed server configuration in https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/screens/using/configuring-screens-introduction.html. rough summary:

* Allow Empty Referrer Requests

* Enable Touch UI for AEM Screens

* AEM in NOSAMPLECONTENT runmode

* Password Restriction

1778370_pastedImage_0.png

1778371_pastedImage_1.png

We've also tried /system/console/configMgr/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.user.action.DefaultAuthorizableActionProvider yet still to no good.

What could be the issue?

Thanks

3 Replies

Employee

System wide user password restrictions might cause failure in the device registration. The device registration uses a random generated password to create the device user.

If the password is restricted by the AuthorizableActionProvider configuration, creating the device user might fail. I request you to try removing any password restriction at

system/console/configMgr/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.user.action.DefaultAuthorizableActio...

Level 5

Hi.

Yup it was removed. That's why I've stated it in my question. But still no good.

Thanks.

what else could have cause the error?

Level 1

Did you get any solution for this?
I am facing the same issue