Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Publish-SAML Integration with restricted user creation

Level 4

Hello Team ,

I am trying to connect my AEM publish with a SAML system for authentication.Per my aem license I can only create 50 users, but I am expecting approximately 5K users.

There is not role specific requirements in my system. Any user who has been successfully authenticated by IDP ,can access the pages in publish.

Is there a way in OOB SAML authentication handler to create an AEM session with an existing AEM user after successful IDP authentication.All authenticated users

will be mapped to one AEM user who will have access to the respective pages. Pls let me know if this is achievable.

2 Replies

Level 10

With Respect to SAML - there is not a lot of docs. We have this community artilce to get you up and running with SSO via SAML -- Integrating SAML with Adobe Experience Manager

Level 4

Thanks for the doc smacdonald2008​. I already saw and tried this. However my requirement is different that what is mentioned here.  Its similar to the one that was asked here Need info AEM 6.2: Ability to extend SAML Authentication Handler for customizing user creation .

Has anyone tried this yet. Or will using a post processor help me?