Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Portal Vs AEM Regular

Level 10

Hi,

I got a requirement to estimate work for achieving some functionality using AEM as a Portal.

My experience has so far been doing this for AEM Regular (installing Quickstart Jar file).

Given the same functionality to achieve, could someone guide me in differences of efforts between these two AEM flavors?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

3 Replies

Level 10

Here is information about AEM Portal:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/integration/cq-as-portal.html

Most development with AEM is what you referred to an AEM regular. 

Level 10

Hi all,

Let me qualify my requirement a bit more.

It is the case in which AEM acts as a Portal server and hosts portlets from AEM and also from other sources.

Let us consider two scenarios: 1. AEM acts as a Portal server and hosts portlets from AEM.  2. We deploy AEM as a Quickstart Jar and develop templates and components in a regular way.

My question is for implementing the same functionality, which one takes more effort and by how much?

Thanks,

Rama.

Administrator

RNYSHADH SHADH wrote...

Hi all,

Let me qualify my requirement a bit more.

It is the case in which AEM acts as a Portal server and hosts portlets from AEM and also from other sources.

Let us consider two scenarios: 1. AEM acts as a Portal server and hosts portlets from AEM.  2. We deploy AEM as a Quickstart Jar and develop templates and components in a regular way.

My question is for implementing the same functionality, which one takes more effort and by how much?

Thanks,

Rama.

I have asked internal people to have a look at this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni